Be Well Tip #1: Create Space
One of the things my yoga practice taught me is to create space daily, physically and mentally, to center myself. Although my space has shifted from a mat to a chair for my daily prayers and meditations, I am grateful how yoga was a stepping stone for me to learn to create space to dedicate to being still.
I encourage you to...
Pause. Breathe Pray.
- Is there room for improvement for you in this area of your life?
2. Set Intentions
- Write down exactly how you intend to create space in your day.
- Include what time of day, where you will go, and for how long.
- Be reasonable when you set your time frame; start small, with 3-5 minutes, this
week. Set yourself up for success, not failure.
- Plan ahead, taking into account any obstacles that may present themselves so you are
prepared to overcome them.
3. Take Action and Live It Out
- For the next three days, take time in the space you have created to pause. Don’t
read, write; simply sit. Start learning to be still.
- It is okay if you are uncomfortable with stillness. As with anything, the more you
practice this, the better you will get at it:-)
“Be still and know that I am God” – Psalm 46:10