How many of you are waking up this morning with heaping piles of candy and are wishing for it to get out of your home?! Me too:-)
Here are some ideas of how we can turn the heaping amount of candy into an act of love...
1. Create A Care Package (or a few) for Troops or donate candy to Operation Gratitude (to find a location near you click HERE)
2. Bake cookies and deliver to elderly neighbors and/or a senior living facility. (A recipe I have used in the past is this one - please note it is not an allergy free recipe)
3. Donate the candy to a local shelter or food pantry.
4. Create a shoebox of gifts to be delivered to a child for Christmas and include some candy. (Samaritan's Purse is one organization that does this...to learn more about how to send a shoebox and what kinds of candy you can include click HERE. November 14-21 is Samaritan's Purse National Collection week. Learn more about it HERE.)
5. Create a trail mix and anonymously deliver to local firemen, policemen, post office, bus drivers and/or custodians at school.
This is just a handful of ideas. Please share ideas you have for how we can use our Halloween candy and turn it into an acts of love for someone else.
When we take our abundance and use it to bless others - whether it be our candy, time, talents or resources - we end up growing more love in our hearts, in other's hearts, in our homes and in our communities.
"Love your neighbor as yourself" - Mark 12:31
(I am not affiliated with any of the organizations above)